On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:38:41 +0200
Frank Schafer wrote:

> There shouldn't be more logs than we have actually packages installed.
> The log for the installation of the version of (say) python I had
> installed 3 years ago isn't worth anything. (Me to say) A successful
> installation of a new version of a package can safely overwrite the old
> log because IMHO nobody needs the installation logs of not installed
> software.

It does provide some useful functionality IMHO, (and obviously in the
NSHO of the designer of the logging system.)

I quite _like_ to see when i first installed mplayer, what versions i
had installed at certain times, how long it will take to emerge (averaged over
all the times I have previously emerged it). I
particularly like being able to pipe emerge -puD world into genlop -p
and find out how long a whole lot of ebuilds is likely to take.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>