On 1 August 2014 23:33:05 CEST, "Canek Peláez Valdés" <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>other
>but
>but

>has

>to do
>a 64

>match
>more

>>> That script is too long :)
>>>
>>> cd /mnt/gentoo
>>> mount -o rbind /dev dev
>>> mount -o rbind /sys sys
>>> mount -o rbind /proc proc
>>> cp -L /etc/resolv.conf etc/resolv.conf
>>> cd ..
>>> chroot gentoo /bin/bash
>>>
>>> To undo:
>>> cd /mnt/gentoo
>>> umount -l proc sys dev
>>
>> That's still too long :)
>>
>> With systemd-nspawn, you only do:
>>
>> systemd-nspawn -D /mnt/gentoo
>>
>> Systemd takes care of /dev, /sys, etc. If the container has systemd
>> installed, you can do
>>
>> systemd-nspawn -bD /mnt/gentoo
>>
>> and the services inside the container will be started like in a
>regular boot
>> (you'll need to set the root password for the container).
>>
>> Also, if you want to share the /usr/portage directory between host
>and
>> container, you only need to
>>
>> systemd-nspawn --bind=/usr/portage -bD /mnt/gentoo
>
>Oh, and I forgot: to stop the container, just log out if the container
>runs OpenRC, or run systemctl poweroff if the container runs systemd.
>
>Regards.

That script could easily be written in C and compiled and then called in a
similar way as systemd-nspawn.

What your command does is basically the same apart from doing something
different from using chroots.

Converting a perfectly working and efficiently running system to use something
like systemd just to have a chroot environment is overly complex and
convoluted.
These solutions often cause more issues then the problem it tried to solve.

--
Joost