On 29/08/2014 00:56, Joseph wrote:
> So there seems to be a pattern :-/
> How about SSD they are not that much more?  Will it withstand Gentoo
> compilations :-) ?

No. There is not a pattern. Two guys used drives for 5 years and then
they failed.

5 years? Wow. That's double what you can reasonably expect, you got good
service.

SSDs are much more expensive than spinning disks, 1TB will cost a
fortune. But they work in Gentoo very well - I'm on my second and this
one is 256G, still runs as fast as the day I got it.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com