Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is your /home on "root" partition?  I've notice that handbook does not
> designate separate partition for "home" anymore.

Hello Joseph,

Often, the Arch linux documents give one a more robust background for
reading up  on issues/choices related to Gentoo. After all, Arch is based
on Gentoo and their documents are often a good compliment for reading
up on issues you face with Gentoo, particularly when abstracted to
a general understanding of the needs you may have.  That said, do not
blindly follow Arch Linux documents to resolve gentoo issues.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/partitioning

hth,
James