On 09/05/14 20:26, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:02:08 -0600, Joseph wrote:

I don't need to format sda1, grub2-install should take care of it.  So
what am I doing wrong?

Did you run grub2-install from within the chroot? I've had problems with
this in the past, no error messages but GRUB is not installed correctly.
Instead, mount your root and boot partitions at /mnt/gent
and /mnt/gentoo/boot and run grub2-install from the live system

grub2-install --root-directory=/mnt/gentoo --boot-directory=/mnt/gentoo/boot
/dev/sda

This will install grub in /mnt/gentoo/boot and will be gone after I reboot.

I was able to boot the system with systemrescue CD the kernel on the HD. The problem I have is my BIOS does not recognize GPT partition
I think I'll have to format entire drive in MBR and start from scratch.
How to format disk in MBR, current "fdisk" defaults to GPT.

--
Joseph