On 09/07/2014 09:25 PM, Grant wrote:
> I can't seem to get video acceleration working on my Gigabyte Brix
> 2807 device which lspci identifies as Valley View.  1080p playback is
> still stuttery.  I've tried every trick I know and Googled a lot.
> Could anyone throw me some suggestions?

What kernel are you running? I had this problem initially with my NUC -
I updated to gentoo-sources:3.14.14, enabled the vaapi thread globally,
rebuilt, and forced mplayer2 to use opengl (-vo gl).

After that, I am even able to play 1080p with no glitches.

Apparently Intel made a lot of enhancements to the intel in-kernel
driver with the 3.14 series.

Dan