Le 16/09/2014 21:07, James a écrit :

> By now many are familiar with my keen interest in clustering gentoo
> systems. So, what most cluster technologies use is a distributed file
> system on top of the local (HD/SDD) file system. Naturally not
> all file systems, particularly the distributed file systems, have
> straightforward instructions. Also, an device file system, such as
> XFS and a distibuted (on top of the device file system) combination
> may not work very well when paired. So a variety of testing is
> something I'm researching. Eliminiation of either file system
> listed below, due to Gentoo User Experience is most welcome information,
> as well as tips and tricks to setting up any file system.

Hi James,

Have you found this document :

http://hal.inria.fr/hal-00789086/PDF/a_survey_of_dfs.pdf

On a related matter, I'd like to host my own file server on a dedicated
box so that I can access my working files from serveral locations. I'd
like it to be fast and secure, and I don't mind if the files are
replicated on each workstation. What would be the better tools for this ?

--
Hervé