Nick Rout wrote:
every mail filter I need fits nicely into postfix. Which one are you
having problems with?

and I don't think this is the place to discuss enhancements to postfix,
go join postfix-user and discuss it with the developers.

I could swear I've said this before, but there are a number of us that use postfix and find this on more on topic than what my favorite window environment might be or how to make an ebuild for a desktop game. So again I'll quietly ignore the things I don't care about and you will do the same.

However adding milter support to Postfix may not be the magic bullet. Milters take this path through Sendmail
mail queue -> milter -> delivery | /dev/null | whatever

Postfix content filters take this path.
mail queue -> cfilter -> mail queue -> etc

Allowing people to run what are normally very efficient milters within Postfix may allow a few admins to shoot themselves in the foot performance-wise.

In any case you might want to check out this how-to which use Anomy Sanitizer to do basically the same thing.
http://www.advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html

kashani