On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 07:42:19AM +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some sort of software, for which I
> have no words (neiter I am a native english speaker
> nor I am a musician...;):
> There is a program called "Timidity", which is able
> to play midifiles and produce sound. The sound is taken
> from "patchsets" (GUS?).
>
> Is there any GPLed/OpensSource Software, which does
> the same thing but for notes I am playing on the
> midi keyboard?

Either use a virtual keyboard (vkeybd, vmpk, drumstick-vpiano), or use
aconnect to connect the MIDI in of your hardware MIDI keyboard to the MIDI
out of timidity. You can use qjackctl as a gui for that. The name is
misleading in this case – there is no need to run jack in order to connect
alsa's MIDI channels.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

The abbr. of abbr. is abbr.