Hi,

I have emerged gthumb-2.6.5 on my machine.  I have not noticed any errors during installation.  However, when I start gthumb from the terminal, I get the following messages:

(gthumb:24708): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(gthumb:24708): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(gthumb:24708): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

The application starts, but it always says "No image" in the thumbnails window.  As I switch to a directory containing some jpegs from my camera, I get a bunch of additional messages:

** (gthumb:24708): CRITICAL **: gth_image_list_append_with_data: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

I didn't count, but I assume that the number of these messages is equal to the number of images in the directory.  And the thumbnail window still says "No image".

Any suggestions?  It appears to me that gthumb is unhappy about some dependency.  All dependencies seem to be there.  One more detail.  The file browser window in gthumb lacks folder icons.  I have read some reports of similar problems with other Gnome applications using GTK and Gnome themes, but nothing that would suggest a solution for my problem.

On my laptop, I have compiled Linux from scratch manually and gthumb has the same problem there.   I use XFCE as window manager.  I have not explicitly installed Gnome.  Is that a problem?  Does gthumb have some dependency which is not explicitly stated?

Your help will be highly appreciated.
(This is a my second e-mail on this topic.  The first one had no response for some reason and I am not sure if it has reached the list).

Arkady.