On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:20:53AM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 12.11.2014 um 11:07 schrieb Sam Jorna:
> > On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:42:28AM +0100, Michael Mair-Keimberger
> > wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> systemd. Maybe i could adopt that to my custom one as well.
> > </snip>
> >
> > Working examples are always nice :-)
>
> Around dracut and grub2 I remember a few bits, maybe they help.
>
> In /etc/dracut.conf I have (after discussion here):
>
> # dracut modules to omit
> omit_dracutmodules+="systemd"
>
> (this one means "don't build an instance of systemd *into* the initrd)
>
> # dracut modules to add to the default
> add_dracutmodules+="bash"
>
> # build initrd only to boot current hardware
> hostonly="yes"
> hostonly_cmdline="yes"
>
> I don't use lvm and sw-raid anymore, you might need:
>
> add_dracutmodules+="lvm bash mdraid"
>
> or so.

After playing around some more hours with initram's i've finally found out
what my problem was. It is easier than I though :D

Basically my changes in my grub config were already correct, however I
completely forgot, that, since I wrote my own init script, arg's like
"root" and "init" simply weren't used by my script...
If you look at my script, I only check the cmdline for "lvm", so
setting "init" or "root" haven't any effect at all :D

That means, after modifying my init script, using
"/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" as init, systemd booted up. It's still not
perfect - it looks like it can't mount other lvm partition's and thus
only boot's into maintains mode - but it boot's :)

Regarding dracut: Even though I got it to work, it also just bootet
openrc and not systemd. Don't know why and I didn't digged further after
it worked with my own script.

Regarding LVM:
As mentioned systemd can't mount my lvm partitions from fstab. Those lvm
partitions should be mounted by UUID, but it seems like systemd can't
find them, even though there are available afterwards (under
/dev/vg0/...).
If I comment them out in /etc/fstab (they are not important) systemd
boots just fine. I've also set "use_lvmetad = 1" in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf as
mentioned at the systemd wiki.

Any clue why that doesn't work?

--
greetings