On 11/20/2014 11:16 AM, thegeezer wrote:
> yeah at first it's odd, but then when you start getting used to
> navigating without removing hands from keyboard it does become almost a
> prerequisite.
> does anyone know if you can get usb keyboards that have the trackpoint
> style mini-joystick in the middle of them ?

Yep:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/0B47190/460/60AC6A0372B14F5BA7B12F1FF88E33C7

I almost bought this one but I wanted a usb port on my keyboard itself
for my mouse, IIRC this one didn't have that.

I have used a lenovo keyboard with it, I liked it, just wish it had a
USB port for the mouse.

> the other big thing with the thinkpads used to be the keyboards. the
> x201 had a great almost totally full size keyboard, but they are
> increasingly becoming a thing of a bygone era with apple style
> calculator buttons that have nothing like the tactile response they used
> to have. as lenovo are moving away from these big-key style keyboards,
> does anyone have any recommendations of a laptop supplier that is
> starting to use them ?

I've been looking around too and it seems like everyone's doing the
chicklet keyboards. I haven't looked that hard, but almost every laptop
I've found seems to have the goofy keyboards.

Dan