meino.cra...@gmx.de writes:

> Hi,
>
> on different systems I see the write stats (/proc/dikstats) to
> physical existing disks steadily increasing.
> Looking at the output of lsof I cannot find any file suspicous
> for receiving those writes.
>
> In the context of preserving the live of flash media by minimizing
> the count of unessary writes I want to know which
> application/daemon/etc is continous writing to that media and which
> """entity""" (file/pipe/fifo...) is receiving those writes...
>
> How can I find that information?

iotop might tell you.

Since you don't see anything in lsof, I'd assume that the file (if it's
a file) is opened and closed rather than being kept open.  Or could it
be a swap partition which is used?

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.