Well, the quickest way to emerge all dependencies to an application is
to use the --emptytree option, e.g. "emerge --emptytree --ask ffmpeg"
will spit out a long list everything from kernel and gcc on up.  I'm
guessing you're wanting to go back to a non "~x86" style system, at
least as far as ffmpeg is concerned.  What you might just try is
removing the ~x86 from /etc/portage/package.keywords (assuming you did
things as intended) on ffmpeg, and try an "emerge --update --deep
--newuse --ask ffmpeg", this may catch some of the other dependencies
that are ~x86 that are now missing that flag and try to downgrade them
to what portage flags with "x86".

--
Wade Brown