On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 08:33:28PM +0100, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote
> Hi,
>
> It seems that my sysctl.conf is not executed at boot time. If a apply a
> sysctl -p after boot, it adjusts a lot of parameters I added to syscl.conf.
>
> A rc-update shows the the sysctl server should start a boot time.
>
> Any ideas?

  Is it possible that the system initializes to default values *AFTER*
the sysctl server sets them to your values at bootup?  To run "sysctl -p"
as late as possible, I suggest putting the following 2 lines in
/etc/local.d/000.start

#!/bin/bash
sysctl -p

  Anad remember to chmod the file to executable.  According to
/etc/local.d/README

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>