On Sunday 21 Dec 2014 12:31:11 German wrote:

> Thanks for suggestion, Mick. Unfortunately I am not on a network and that
> is only PC I have at the moment. Do you know if Knoppix allows UEFI boot?

I have not used Knoppix for some years now so I don't know if it will work.
Something else to try, is to type c when the sysrescuecd boot list comes up on
the screen and then use the grub command line that comes up to type the
appropriate grub2 commands to boot the LiveCD with.

I have not looked into the GRUB2 commands appropriate for UEFI booting, but
the grub documentation and Google should help on this occasion.  BTW, if you
are using a USB stick to boot sysrescue with, you should be able to modify it
as described on the sysrescue website.  You should be able to include the
correct grub configuration for EFI booting in it.

--
Regards,
Mick