On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 06:15:05 +0100 lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you as PDF viewer?
>
> Most of the time, I was using xpdf, and that doesn't seem to be
> available in Gentoo.  I compiled it from source and found out that it
> cannot display PDFs so well and gives error messages about not being
> able to find fonts.  Pdfpc isn't a good alternative.

For advanced actions (e.g. pdf notes editing, pdf fields editing,
work with pdf indexes and so on) I use evince.

When I need something simple (e.g. to read pdf books) I use mupdf.
Another bonus of mupdf is unlimited scale of pdf pages (limited
only by available memory). This is really handy when handling huge
pdf pages (e.g. some schemes, graphs) with very small fonts, so
large zoom is required to made them readable; evince can't handle
such issues.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko