Hi!

I'd like to get Suspend-To-Disk working on my notebook. For this,
I'd like to use suspend2 http://suspend2.net/, using the
suspend2-sources-2.6.13-r4. I tried to follow the
<http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Software_Suspend_v2> as closely
as possible.

On my system, I'm using LVM for everything, besides /boot and
swap. This means, that / is also on a LVM2 LV.

Suspending the system works somewhat fine when I'm in text
mode and call the hibernate script. What does not (satisfactory)
work, is resuming.

The suspend2 howto at <http://www.suspend2.net/HOWTO-7.html#ss7.3>
says:

| in your linuxrc/init:
|       mount /proc
|       load modules as required
|       use dmsetup create dm-0 <path to config-file> to set up access to the
LVM partition
|       echo > /proc/software_suspend/do_resume
|       do any other actions required (mount rootfs if initramfs...)
[...]

As my / is on a LVM, I must (must I?) use an initrd. For this,
I use the genkernel initramfs and also linuxrc. Trying to
follow the advice from the suspend2.net HOWTO, I'm looking for
the correct spot to add "echo > /proc/software_suspend/do_resume".
Where would this be?

Reading /usr/share/genkernel/generic/linuxrc, I find in
line 25 "mount -o remount,rw /". But this should be AFTER
dmsetup has been invoked. But where is the call to dmsetup
in the linuxrc of genkernel?

Is anyone here using swsusp2 with LVM? What's the correct
and working configuration?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
When you go out to buy, don't show your silver.