On 29.01.2015 11:31, hydra wrote:
> I haven't migrated to group_vars yet, so try and let us know ;)

It took me a bit of fiddling but I think I figured it out.

I had to get the directory structure correct ... now I have

/etc/ansible/inventories/group_vars/

with files like siteA, siteB, siteC ... containing the specific variables.

At first I always had /etc/ansible/group_vars ... and that didn't work
at all!

Now I am able to have such a small playbook for the whole dhcp-config of
one site:

---
- hosts: siteA
  user: root
  roles:
    - dhcpd

and this pulls the group_vars from

/etc/ansible/inventories/group_vars/siteA

and applies it to the dhcpd-role
and overrides /etc/ansible/roles/dhcpd/defaults/main.yml ... which was
my original goal!

nice!

Stefan