Am Sonntag, 01.02.2015 um 16:31
schrieb walt <w41...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks wabe.  I forgot to mention that I use systemd now, and I've
> had to work out a few problems with nfs over past months because our
> gentoo systemd scripts are lagging a bit behind upstream, which is
> not surprising.
>
> For example, I had to add the rpcbind.service to the multi-user
> systemd target because even nfs3 seems to need it. (I knew when I
> switched to systemd I was volunteering for some extra problems, but
> I don't regret it.  Yet ;)

I'm still on OpenRC and I don't wanna switch to systemd for some
reasons.

> As I said in my earlier post, I've now disabled nfs4 in both kernel
> and nfs-utils on all my machines, with the same result:  the first
> attempt to mount an nfs3 share hangs indefinitely, but if I kill the
> mount process and repeat it immediately, the mount succeeds.

I also have no nfs4 support in my kernel. Here is my kernel config for
the NFS stuff:

CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V2=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
# CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
# CONFIG_NFS_V4 is not set
# CONFIG_NFS_SWAP is not set
# CONFIG_NFSD is not set
CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y

> I'd love to know if anyone else can reproduce this problem with nfs3
> on either OpenRC or systemd.

I'm using nfs3 since many years but I never had this problem. I'm sorry
that I can't help you.

Regards
wabe