Hi,

I'm using "net-misc/rdesktop" in order to get access to a VirtualBox
(Windows) guest on a remote (also Gentoo) Linux:

Windows PC with ------------ Gentoo Linux with --------- Gentoo Linux with
Xming server        ssh      rdesktop program            VirtualBox (Windows)

>From my Windows desktop PC (where Xming server is running), I use a
"PuTTY" ssh to a Linux shell, call "rdesktop -u ... -p ... hostname &"
from there, and I get the Windows desktop from the remote host onto
my own desktop.

Until "net-misc/rdesktop-1.8.2", everything worked like a charm. But
with 1.8.3 (which portage installed this week), I can't mouse-click
in the remote desktop window any more (and keypresses seem to be
ignored either). Sometimes even the desktop isn't painted completely
(only about 75% from top, doesn't reach the Windows task bar at the
bottom).

I have alread looked at the changelog at packages.gentoo.org, but
only found some minor (?) bugfix - nothing about any fundamental
issues or bigger changes...

Downgraded to 1.8.2 - and everything works flawlessly again!

What could it be that 1.8.3 doesn't work any more?

-Matt