On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 06:05:44PM -0700, Joseph wrote:
> I have an old Asus EEE PC 1000 and I don't think it will run Gentoo, it would
> be too slow to compile anything.
> It is running Ubuntu 11.10 and I think I'll need to re-install lighter
> version of Linux on it.
> What are my alternatives?
>
> I'll would like to run VPN, some browser on it and skype.

I have an R101, which is a trimmed-down 1000-something. Arch linux's Pacman
is a very fast package manager. While portage takes 15 minutes just to
calculate dependencies, pacman upgrads 1 Gig worth of packages in that
time.

Compiling Firefox had no measurable benefit, either version took 20 seconds
to open.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Development aid is to give money from the poor of rich countries
to the rich of poor countries.