On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 05:58:16PM +0200, Matti Nykyri wrote:
> > On Feb 22, 2015, at 12:53, Frank Steinmetzger <war...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> >> I can't remember nor figure out how to set kdm keymap to azerty.
> >
> > I set mine in an xorg config file to get qwertz not only in KDM but all of
> > X by
> > default:
> >
> > cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/input.conf
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >        Identifier      "Keyboard0"
> >        Driver          "kbd"
> >        Option          "XkbRules"              "xorg"
> >        Option          "XkbModel"              "pc102"
> >        Option          "XkbLayout"             "de"
> >        Option          "XkbVariant"            "deadkeys"
> > EndSection
>
> The right place for this in a modern X11 is evdev (event device). The
> other input devices are deprecated in favor of evdev. […]

You’re right and I actually have both in input.conf – an evdev section and
the input section shown above. When I find the time, I shall clean that up.
Plus I think it already has precedence, as I sometimes use the three-finger-
salute to revive a hanging system (usually OOM situations).

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier      "evdev keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver          "evdev"

        Option          "XkbLayout"             "de,us"
#       Option          "XkbVariant"            "deadgraveacute"
        Option          "XkbOptions"            "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Hangman is a breathtaking profession.