You can put them in your ~/.bash_rc or _profile - I can't remember of the top
of my head.  For host wide ones I created a /etc/bash.rc where I put stuff I
want everybody to get - or at least start with as they can override it. I then
source this in the ~/.bash?? and to make sure new users get it I modify what's
in /etc/skel.  I used /etc/bash.rc because it was on a distro I was familiar
with at the time.