Hello,

I am not sure if you have already tried the following:

replace
   --device ATA:1,0,0
with:
   --device /dev/<your cd device node>

For some reason that I do not understand, when I try --device ATA: etc. cdrdao does not work for me, but when I use --device /dev/hdc it does work.
Maybe it will work for you too...

Good luck,

- AR

On 9/11/05, David Busby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dave Nebinger wrote:
>> My kernel was booted with this setting: hdc=ide-scsi, I read to do set
>
> Sure, remove the hdc=ide-scsi option, reboot, then use the device path
> directly for IDE burning.
>
> In your case it's probably something like:
>
>  dev=/dev/hdc
>
> I do all of my burning using IDE directly, even though Schily's tools
> whine about it.

Ok, so I removed that foolishness from my kernel bootline and rebooted.
When I run cdrdao with scanbus I get this:

carbon ~ # cdrdao scanbus
Cdrdao version 1.2.0 - (C) Andreas Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
   Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver tables.

Using libscg version 'schily-0.8 '

ATA:1,0,0            MATSHITA, DVD-RAM SW-9585 , B100

But this:
carbon ~ # cdrdao write --device ATA:1,0,0 --reload --force cp_csp.cdtoc
Cdrdao version 1.2.0 - (C) Andreas Mueller < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
   Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver tables.

Still simply exits with a status of 1, what is going on?  I've looked in the logs and don't see anything and I'm still
stuck :(

/djb