gentuxx schreef:
> Stewart Taylor wrote:
>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Thanks to Holly , Peter and Scotty for the fix. It now works a
>>> treat.
>>>
>>> Stewart
>

> Um, I have the same problem.  But (and I suspect this is why), I have
>  no /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  KDE runs great!  I've done a 'find / -name
> xorg.conf' and only came up with files for vmware-tools
> (/usr/portage/app-emulation/vmware-linux-tools/files/5.0.0/xorg.conf).
>

> So, 4 questions....
>
> 1)  Why wouldn't a default xorg.conf be installed?

Because you upgraded from XFree86 (which uses a differently-named, but
exactly similarly-configured file)?

> 2)  Is there possibly another config file that my system is using?

XF86Config (or XF86Config-4)? Xorg will use this if it finds it.

> 3)  Could the vmware-tools sample be sufficient to build one
> (xorg.conf)?

Why would you bother? There is a configuration utility, you know. I
don't know what it's called though, as I've never used it (just renamed
my XF86Config to xorg.cfg and went on from there).

Oh, scratch that, it's called xorgcfg. Very logically found with a guess
and a 'which'.

> 4)  Would it be used, if I'm not using one now?

Are you running Linux under VMWare in Windows or some such?  I know
nothing about that (but Dave says not, so I believe him :-) ).

Holly