> On March 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It took 10 years but I've finally done something monumentally stupid in
> Gentoo:
>
> I delete package.use and have no backup
>
> Is there any easy way to recover what was in it? I'm busy doing it the
> long way round - repeatedly running emerge world, get past the blocking
> USE, then see all the flags that portage thinks changed.
>
> I wonder if there might be an easier way that I don't know of.
>
> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckin...@gmail.com

You have lost nothing, thanks to gentoolkit. Please run "enalyze rebuild use"
and you will get package.use.test which will be the difference between default
USE flags and yours. Then "mv package.use.test /etc/portage/package.use" will
put you back in business.

Happy Penguin Computers    >`)
805 Grant Street           ( \
Bessemer, AL 35020          ^^
Cell: 205-535-0347
support at happypenguincomputers dot com
http://www.happypenguincomputers.com