Alan McKinnon wrote:

> Your basic problem is that you have static and static-libs in USE. When
> applied to lvm, a whole bunch of blockers kick in and you get what you
> got. So take them out of USE.
>
> USE="static static-libs" has it's uses, it's great for building rescue
> disks, busybox and maybe some disk repair utils, but makes very little
> sense on a regular workstation. If you break your workstation, you'll
> boot off a rescue disk and use the tools on it to fix your install, so
> you don't need it on the main system.
>
> There is nothing wrong with your eudev.
> lvm2 is bitching about blockers between lvm2 built with "USE=static" and
> udev - there's some incompatibility there and the ebuild knows about them

I went through the package.use file and commented out the static and
static-libs stuff.  It seems happy but thing is, when I put them there,
they were needed for some reason.  Actually, all the parts I found had
the output of where emerge said those were needed.  Maybe the reason
they were needed then has changed and they are no longer needed.  I hope
anyway.  ;-)

Thanks.  I'm not sure I would have ever figured out that it was that
causing the problem.  That got pretty deep.

Dale

:-)  :-)