On 03/17/2015 03:08 PM, James wrote:

>> It will probably be in EAPI6 under a different name, but I don't
>> think there's any code  written yet.
>
> Is there a preliminary doc on EAPI6? I know there is still some
> unfinished business therein, but, the sooner we can start reading
> the better. For me, it takes a while to get use to the changes, so
> I'm trying to read ahead a bit, particularly the part where my
> codes become part of my gentoo systems, with ease...... I'm all ears on that!

This is probably the easiest to understand:

  http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Future_EAPI/EAPI_6_tentative_features

To see what's actually been implemented, check out the "eapi-6" branch
of the package manager specification at,

  http://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/pms.git

(there's a little thing in the upper-right-hand corner to switch branches).