On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 08:49:18AM +0200, Matti Nykyri wrote:
> > On Mar 16, 2015, at 8:28, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've looked at zugaina too and didn't find anything, hence I asked here.
> > I'll
> > file a bug at some point, unless anyone beats me to it.
>
> Writing an ebuild to do the install is like 5 min job :) I'm now in a train
> only with a phone, but when i get home i can write you one.
>
> Just my opinion... I would never ever trust non open source encryption
> software. Everyting published isn't true :)

Ok... No I'm happily back home after circling around the World ;)

Doing the ebuild was a bit more tricky... The program has bad bugs :(

The wickr executable is linked against icu-52, but in the archive the libraries
are libicui18n-53 -> had to make symbolic link
Also the symboltable in wickr had to be altered.

And the ebuild:

------------- Clip ---------------
EAPI=5

inherit eutils

DESCRIPTION="Wickr Top-Secret Messenger"
HOMEPAGE="https://www.wickr.com/downloads/";
SRC_URI="x86? ( http://mywickr.info/download.php?p=332 -> ${P}_i386.deb )
        amd64? ( http://mywickr.info/download.php?p=364 -> ${P}_amd64.deb )"

LICENCE=""
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
IUSE="x86 amd64"

RDEPEND="sys-libs/glibc
        sys-devel/gcc
        sys-apps/util-linux
        media-sound/pulseaudio"

src_unpack() {
        mkdir ${S}
        cd ${S}

        ar x ${DISTDIR}/${A}
}

src_install() {
        cd ${D}
        tar --same-owner --preserve-permissions -xof ${S}/data.tar.xz

        if use x86 ; then
                MY_OFFSET=332312
        elif use amd64 ; then
                MY_OFFSET=393763
        fi
        echo "3" | dd of=usr/bin/wickr bs=1 count=1 seek=${MY_OFFSET}
conv=notrunc

        cd usr/lib/wickr
        ln -s libicui18n.so.53 libicui18n.so.52
}

After correcting those the software segfaults in libQt5core.so that is provided
in the archive... So you probably need Qt5 installed.

--
-Matti