On 05/23/2015 05:24 PM, Joseph wrote:
I have a box in a remote location (8-core CPU) and it turn itself off during compiling

The box it connected to UPS.  Is it power supply?

Maybe. I have a problem like that when using high processing simulation with nvidia-cuda and the power supply protection was unable to keep a safe energy level then the system goes off.

But, if the failure happens during compilation time can be a heat problem. Install lm_sensors and use something like that: "watch -n 1 sensors".

If not, if the temperature stay at safe levels, maybe you have a RAM corruption. In this case, you'll need to use memtest86++ to check.

Good Luck