Am 10.06.2015 um 11:14 schrieb Martin Vaeth:
hw <h...@gartencenter-vaehning.de> wrote:

there are quite a few TeX/LaTeX packages available.

emerge texlive with USE=latexextra

Thanks, that got me started.

print labels on label printers

texdoc labels

This seems to be for pre-defined labels like you get them in A4 size? I need to print them on special label printers, labels coming from a roll that is put into the printer. Since they are incompatible, I probably will need to create a dvi file and print that from windoze.

The geometry package is very helpful:

\documentclass[10pt, twocolumn]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

\usepackage[paperwidth=110mm, paperheight=32mm, top=1mm, bottom=1mm, left=1mm, right=1mm]{geometry}
\setlength{\columnsep}{3mm}

\begin{document}

Put some text here.

\end{document}