meino.cra...@gmx.de writes:

> David Mattli <d...@mattli.us> [15-06-19 00:27]:
>> meino.cra...@gmx.de writes:
>>

>> > Now I scratching my head...why is sbcl needed, if gcl is already
>> > installed?
>> >
>> > Is it possible to use gcl instead of sbcl nonetheless? How?
>>

>> It looks like cl-ppcre depends on virtual/commonlisp which is provided
>> by one of these:
>>
>> RDEPEND="|| ( dev-lisp/sbcl
>>               dev-lisp/clisp
>>               dev-lisp/clozurecl
>>               dev-lisp/cmucl
>>               dev-lisp/ecls
>>               dev-lisp/openmcl )"
>>
>> No GCL on that list so its trying to pull in sbcl to provide it. I
>> recommend using quicklisp instead. Check it out here:
>> https://www.quicklisp.org/beta/
>>
>> -David Mattli
>>

> Hi David,
>
> thanks for your help! :)
>
> Unfortunately gcl does not load quicklisp.
>
> Best regards,
> Meino

GCL doesn't seem well supported these days.

SBCL should work without a floating-point unit. For example the sbcl
download page lists both "armel" and "armhf" ports, specifying
soft-float and hard-float respectively.

Try grabbing the "armel" binaries from this page:
http://sbcl.org/platform-table.html

I'll look into arm support for the gentoo sbcl package.

-David