On 28/06/15 07:45, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
Hi all,
        over the years when I need a web-server I have just used Apache.  I am
in the process of consolidating my separate services VM's for various
things into LXC containers and am looking for something a bit lighter if
its worthwhile.

I am currently using Apache for internal and external http/https static
pages, webdav and radicale (dav/wsgi calendar) sometimes using vhosts.

Is there something else much lighter weight than Apache for (each) of
these tasks? - doesn't have to be the same application as I want to
separate the tasks rather than have one huge complex Apache
configuration serving an extremely light load.

Nginx is an alternative for radicale (is it worth changing from one
large application to one almost as heavy?) but what else can do wsgi/dav?

BillK

I use Debian 7 with Apache, Dovecot, etc. as Web, Mail, DNS, FTP server with 3 domains administered by ISPconfig running in a VirtualBox on top of Gentoo. Installation, configuration and maintenance is a piece of cake. Have a look at www.ispconfig.org.

ISPconfig used to support Gentoo. Should work on Gentoo if appropriate symlinks are created to emulate Debian or Ubunto.