Howdy,

New emerge failure.  It seems static-dev does not like udev,devfs or
tmpfs for some mount point, not sure which that is tho.

>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/work
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/work ...
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: sys-fs/static-dev-0.1

>>> Install static-dev-0.1 into
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/image/ category sys-fs
>>> Completed installing static-dev-0.1 into
/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/image/

./
>>> Done.
 * checking 0 files for package collisions
>>> Merging sys-fs/static-dev-0.1 to /

 * We have detected that you currently use udev or devfs or devtmpfs
 * and this ebuild cannot install to the same mount-point.
 * ERROR: sys-fs/static-dev-0.1::gentoo failed (preinst phase):
 *   Cannot install on udev/devfs tmpfs.
 *
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  93:  Called pkg_preinst
 *   environment, line 200:  Called abort
 *   environment, line 184:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       die "Cannot install on udev/devfs tmpfs."
 *
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info
'=sys-fs/static-dev-0.1::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv
'=sys-fs/static-dev-0.1::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at
'/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at
'/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.4Kleab/pym'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/static-dev-0.1/work/static-dev-0.1'
!!! FAILED preinst: 1

I use eudev if that matters.  Here is fstab:

root@fireball / # cat /etc/fstab
<dump/pass>

# NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to opts.
LABEL=root              /               ext4            defaults        0 1
LABEL=boot              /boot           ext2            defaults        1 2
LABEL=usr               /usr            ext4            defaults        0 2
LABEL=var               /var            ext4            defaults        0 2
LABEL=swap              none            swap            sw              0 0
LABEL=Home2             /home           ext4            defaults        0 2
tmpfs                   /var/tmp/portage tmpfs          noatime         0 0
tmpfs                   /run            tmpfs
size=256m,mode=1777   0 0

# glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
# POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
# (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
#  use almost no memory if not populated with files)
shm                     /dev/shm        tmpfs
nodev,nosuid,noexec     0 0
root@fireball / #

I removed some of the commented lines since they wouldn't change
anything.  Here is the results of mount:

root@fireball / # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
(rw,nosuid,size=10240k,nr_inodes=2055159,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,size=262144k,mode=755)
/dev/sda6 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/OS-usr on /usr type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
/dev/mapper/OS-var on /var type ext4 (rw)
/dev/mapper/Home2-Home2 on /home type ext4 (rw)
tmpfs on /var/tmp/portage type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nodev,nosuid,noexec)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc
(rw,nodev,noexec,nosuid)
/dev/mapper/backup-backup on /backup type ext2 (rw)
root@fireball / #

Anyone know what this is about?  I don't see anything odd in my fstab so
I would assume it is talking about something that is a default.  I do
have portage's work directory on tmpfs.  Is that what it is complaining
about?  Surely not since it only builds there but intsalls to /.

Thoughts??

Dale

:-)  :-)