Jc García composed on 2015-08-05 23:02 (UTC-0600):

>>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+gentoo

>> Pages like that leads to are like Windows and Sourceforge software hosts
>> where after muddling past licenses and assumption what one's looking for has
>> anything to do with the puter used to search and script links autostarting

> LOL nothing like that, go ahead and find the beauty of lmgtfy.

Are you sure you read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote? Pages like
LMGTFY *leads to*, not LMGTFY. I was where that *leads to* yesterday and the
day before while progressing generally through wiki.gentoo.org and
www.gentoo.org futilely trying to reconcile what's available according to
Distrowatch and what's sitting on Gentoo's mirrors.

> Also sourceforge is a pretty decent host for publishing open source
> software, it offers wikis, mailing list, code repositories, in fact
> various projects use it to develop open source, you might be talking
> about softonic.

Sourceforge hosts a ton of good stuff, but its presentation is annoying
enough that I habitually avoid it except as last resort, typically choosing
to avoid needing whatever it hosts rather than suffer mousetype and redirects
to slow mirrors.

> PD: I think you would be better using SystemRescueCD than the minimal
> cd, go ahead http://lmgtfy.com/?q=systemrescuecd+download

Again not funny. I've been pointing people (directly) to systemrescuecd for
years, but rarely need it myself because all my systems are very multiboot.

I didn't want to boot live media in the first place, trying it only because
of misunderstanding stage3 options using alternative boot. I'm in chroot in
phase 4 now.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/