Am 08.08.2015 um 00:28 schrieb Rich Freeman:
> Udev installs into such a path, and currently does not depend on
> systemd (in fact, they block each other).

They block each other because udev is part of systemd. So if you install
systemd you already have udev and don't need the separate udev package.

Regarding the separate udev package, at least regarding eudev I would
consider this a bug, because those systemd directories are systemd
specific and don't belong to the FHS.

If Poettering wants to break Unix, Linux and POSIX standards, it's up to
him. Packages that don't belong to Poettering's software are supposed to
follow those standards and do it so far.

But remember, udev is part of systemd and announced to break on
non-systemd systems. So udev is not a valid example here.

> Obviously you don't use udev, but in general as more stuff ends up in
> systemd you'll probably find more important stuff with "systemd" in
> the filename.

Why would it? This again would be a reason for a bug report. Or do you
consider every important stuff to be part of systemd? Do you really
believe that there will be no other important stuff than systemd resp.
that systemd will be the only init system or system managing system?

Question again:

That sounds exactly like those Poetterix fanboys, particularly when they
forced systemd on every user of certain distros whether they wanted it
or not.

I don't need to be worried, that this will happen with Gentoo either
anytime soon?

>  I'd suggest taking the time to understand what it is
> before you decide that you don't want it (speaking generally, I'm not
> suggesting that you didn't know what you're doing when you switched to
> eudev).  Heck, even gummiboot is being merged into systemd.

Bad example again. Gummiboot was originally developed by Kay Sievers,
one of Poettering's fanboys and co-developer of systemd. So a no-go
anyway, and no surprise that it got merged into systemd.