Yea, revdep-rebuild is my friend... :wub:

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, HG wrote:

Thanks, Bryan. After emerge gentoolkit and
revdep-rebuild, Problem Solved!

--- Bryan Whitehead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

run revdep-rebuild to find broken
libraries/programs.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, HG wrote:

Hi, All,

I am a pretty new user to Gentoo and I like it! I
am
trying to install XFce4 by gentoo 2005.1 package
CD.
But each time when I do "startxfce4", it always
gives
me a error message "error when loading shared
libraries". Did I miss anything during the
installation?

Here is what I did to install Xfce4
put the package CD in
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
export PKGDIR=/mnt/cdrom
emerge --usepkgonly xfce4
then I update rc.conf(using xdm and
XSESSION="Xfce-4"
and also make a .xsession(exec startxfce4) in my
home
directory)

My machine is kind of old(PII 400). that is why I
am
trying to use package CD to install everything.

Thanks.
Haijiang

--
Bryan Whitehead