On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 09:35:36AM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <a...@muc.de> writes:
>
> > I'd recommend you then just to reinstall.  Remembering my fights with
> > stupid error messages from emerge, and so on, I wish I'd just
> > reinstalled months earlier than I did.
>
> Thanks for the frank suggestions and noted lack unix hero
> talk... hehe.

I personally think that updating glibc and gcc, then continuing with the
rest of the system update is the easiest path forward. You won't lose
your portage config, it will probably be a little bit faster, and it
requires a lot less manual intervention (running a handful of commands
vs. following the handbook)..

Alec