Am Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:44:29 +0200
schrieb "J. Roeleveld" <jo...@antarean.org>:

> On Thursday, August 27, 2015 07:13:58 PM Marc Joliet wrote:
> > Am Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:42:07 +0200
> >
> > schrieb "J. Roeleveld" <jo...@antarean.org>:
> > > I only had 1 required by set.
> > > Which basically got me to remove the llvm use-flag from mesa.
> > >
> > > That solved the block for me as it ended up removing "llvm"
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > FWIW, my experience yesterday was that you should be able to set the llvm
> > flag again and continue to not have the blocker (although AIUI that flag is
> > only really useful for the free drivers).
>
> In other words, the OSS versions for NVidia and ATI and the Intel?
> I use the proprietary Nvidia and the Intel driver.
[...]

I would argue that since mesa is a free software implementation of OpenGL, it
should be completely irrelevant to the proprietary drivers. Therefor, I would
think that this USE flag should not matter to you.

(However, I am not 100% sure that software can't use mesa in different ways,
since a lot of ebuilds have a direct dependency on mesa, e.g., cairo, libsdl2.)

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup