On Saturday 29 Aug 2015 04:32:48 Dale wrote:
> walt wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:29:20 -0400
> >
> > Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> I used to think git looked really complicated until I sat through a
> >> one hour talk that focused mostly on the data model.  Once you
> >> understand the data model, you understand everything.  That doesn't
> >> take a lot of time.
> >
> > Does that talk happen to be available on youtube or some equivalent?
> >
> > I'm a git fanboi in spite of its failings.  I've been using git since
> > Linus and Larry McVoy divorced (amicably, claims Linus) over where
> > the kernel source repo would reside.  That amicable divorce spawned the
> > development of git in the first place (says Linus).
> >
> > I'm no expert on git, but 'git bisect' has allowed me to file countless
> > (for countless >= than the number of cc's of vino in my glass)  bug
> > reports over the years.
> >
> > I see that all the gentooers who replied to my post have been lingering
> > in this mailing list for years.  (You are Old Farts, by my definition.)
> >
> > All gentoo Old Farts are here because we are gentoo addicts and not one
> > of us could abandon gentoo even if we wanted to.  Including me.
>
> That may help me too.  It took me a while to have a sorta understanding
> of how Gentoo is set up ebuild wise and such and now I feel like I did
> back in 2003.  Having it on youtube or something would be really good.
> I did find this tho:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73I5dRucCds
>
> I'll try to watch it later.

Don't.

You'll waste an inordinate amount of time listening to the drone of someone's
uncontrollable verbiage, which contains less that 1% meaningful information.

I suspect that 10 minutes should be enough to explain what git is, what github
is, how you use them.

Unfortunately, any videos I found over a 10 minute youtube search didn't
provide me with anything useful to share.  :-(

--
Regards,
Mick