Rupert Young (Restart) wrote:
I have emerged gcc-3.4.4, but emerge --info, see below, still shows 3.4.1. There was a PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" in make.conf and 3.4.1 was in this dir. I commented out the PORTDIR_OVERLAY, but no change

gcc along with some other packages are _slotted_. That means that you can have more that one version installed at once. To chose what version to use there is a program called gcc-config. Try and run "gcc-config -c" to see what compiler your system currently use, and try and run "gcc-config -l" to see what compliers are currently installed on your system. Finally run "gcc-config #" where # is the number of the complier listed above that you want to use.

--
Naga