On Thursday, September 03, 2015 9:53:39 PM lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since quite a while, seamonkey and its relatives are completely broken
> when it comes to use self-signed certificates.  They just refuse the
> connection to the server, blocking you from accessing your email.
>
> Is there still no solution for this problem?  I'm totally fed up with it
> by now.  At work, I have frozen seamonkey at version 2.31 and
> thunderbird at some outdated version that still works with the
> certificates.  Googling for a solution doesn't reveal one, either.
>
> Now I need seamonkey to access the email, and I can't very well turn it
> back to an outdated version just for that.
>
> BTW, if this won't be fixed, what are the replacements?

This[1] is for firefox but should work similarly. Scroll all the way down to
"bypassing the warning". There's also an about:config option, I *think* it's
this one[2].

[1] https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/connection-untrusted-error-message
[2] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ssl_override_behavior

--