Hi,

I been using ccache for sometime since its mail goal is to speedup common compiling sets.
This is great when updating several packages.
However, every time that a package is to be emerge/updated my system waits for ccache some long minutes. This happens twice, at the emerge start and end. For some small packages, it takes more time to handle ccache than compiling the package itself... so I wondering if this is normal, or it is something mis-configured?

Here is how it looks:

>>> emerge (2 of 10) media-sound/cdparanoia-3.9.8-r2 to /
* Adjusting permissions on ccache in /root/.ccache
* Adjusting permissions on ccache in /root/.ccache
>>> Downloading ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/linux/...
(...)
>>> Completed installing cdparanoia-3.9.8-r2 into /var/tmp/portage/cdparanoia-3.9.8-r2/image/

>>> Merging media-sound/cdparanoia-3.9.8-r2 to /
* Adjusting permissions on ccache in /root/.ccache
(...)

Fernando