On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:41:48 +0000 (UTC) Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2015-09-16, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> >> Ah, it turns out it's only a problem if you have multiple screens: you
> >> can only paste a gtk-3 selection if the destination is on the same X11
> >> screen as the source.  I'm pretty sure this is a known problem, but
> >> I'm having trouble finding it again in the Gnome bugtracker...
> >
> > Must be related to gtk-3 then.
> >
> > I use 2 screens extensively and never experienced any issues like you
> > describe.
>
> And you can select/paste from one screen to another where the source
> is a gtk-3 app?
>
> I should clarify that I mean "screen" in the strict X11 usage.  Using
> Xinerama or the like to spread a single desktop across multiple
> monitors is still a single screen setup.  I'm trying to select text on
> DISPLAY=:0.0 and paste it on DISPLAY=:0.1

Just for the record: I have the same problem with multihead setup
(:0.0 and :0.1). While selecting with mouse doesn't work. Using
menu functions "copy" in one application and "paste" in another one
works fine. IIRC there are actually two buffers in X: for mouse
selection and for copy-and-paste (both via menu and
keyboard shortcuts).

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko