Hello, gentoo-users,

today I wanted to resize my EFI-partition sda1.

It was on my SSD which had roughly this layout:

sda1    300M    EFI System
sda2    ~460G   linux fs -> btrfs
sda3    ~4G     swap

This is a dualboot setup with Gentoo and Fedora (in fact triple-boot as
there's some MS Windows 10 Pro on another disk, but anyway) and both
distros have their root-filesystems and stuff within the btrfs on sda2.

They even share stuff by mounting the same subvols here and there ...
nice, by the way.

My issue was and is: 300M gets tight when 2 distros install multiple
kernels into /boot ... so I would like to have around 500 megs to avoid
having to always manually clean up some kernel before upgrades run
through. comfort.

I ddrescued sda to a HDD for backups, then rebooted with gparted etc etc

long story short: it failed.
Right now I boot and run from that HDD with still 300M for EFI.

sidenote: how slow such a harddisk is ...

I'd like to move the full btrfs-structure to a slightly smaller
partition on the SSD (which should have that larger EFI-boot-partition)
and I would love to get some pointers on how to do that without having
any fs-UUIDs changed, and gummiboot complaining etc etc

For now I am tired and leave it like that for today (late here).

Thanks, Stefan