On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 05:46:00PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> I want to be able to suspend my machine to RAM overnight or when I'm out.

Just curious, you don't need to answer: why? Why not just power it off
or lock it?

> The pkg to use seems to be Pm-utils, which I've installed.
> 'pm-suspend' does suspend, but only briefly :
> after  5 s , it restarts automatically & everything is back as before.
> The log file shows this happening quite clearly.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?  Am I using the correct tool ?

What desktop environment are you using? OpenRC or systemd? Lastly, do
you have support for suspending to RAM compiled into the kernel?

If you are using a desktop environment, it should have the suspend
functionality built into it. If you are using systemd, it should be as
simple as a `systemctl suspend`.

Alec