On Wednesday 21 Oct 2015 10:03:42 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 October 2015 19:22:12 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Where is the beep coming from?
> >
> > Real speakers (like where music comes out) - check Alerts &
> > Notifications or similar in your DE.
> >
> > That silly monotone speaker that can only make bing noises and has been
> > in pc's since the first one?
>
> Am I unusual in not having such a speaker in either of my boxes?

No, modern PCs don't always have an internal speaker fitted, although the
MoBos have terminals to connect a piezoelectric speaker to.  They are/were
useful for BIOS error messages, but I am not sure if modern UEFI firmware
produces error code beeps when things go wrong - I haven't fitted a speaker to
mine.

--
Regards,
Mick