Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:53:57 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

1445464761:  >>> unmerge success: sys-libs/glibc-2.20-r2
1445464768:  === (1 of 13) Post-Build Cleaning
(sys-libs/glibc-2.21-r1::/var/cache/portage/tree/sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.21-r1.ebuild)
1445464768:  ::: completed emerge (1 of 13) sys-libs/glibc-2.21-r1
to /
This is nothing to do with your problem, but it might be useful
nonetheless.

I finally got fed up with these "seconds since the epoch" time stamps a
couple of days ago, and wrote a little filter to turn them into readable
time stamps.  Probably there is software around already which does this,
but the effort to write the script was less than that to search for the
existing software.
Either genlop or qlop (from portage-utils) will do this and much more.
You probably already have at least one of them installed.

It can be done with the date command if you only need one done. Thing is, I already knew when this was done so the time stamps didn't matter to me. I went to the bottom of the file, the last emerges I did, then looked at the update section of the log. I didn't need timestamps to know where it was or anything. Go to bottom, scroll up a bit and look for the world update part.

Of course, there is better ways of finding this info but I never can remember the command and it takes me a bit to figure out what options do what so I finally said "screw it" and work without it unless I just must have it. If I only need one, I use the date command. It works. ;-)

I'm getting to old for this stuff.  :/

Dale

:-)  :-)