On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:47:44 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> >> On what is that claim based? Chromium used the chrome source code
> >> with the proprietary bits removed and the same versions of both are
> >> available in portage.
> >
> > ...and I'm for ever having to recompile chromium as it seems to
> > change about once a week. Not what you would call poorly supported.

> Well the OP did say that the info came from "other forums" and we know
> how reliable those can be.

Exactly, that's why I asked for some detail.

> I'd trust my mother-in-law's opinion on the state of Chromium before I
> trust $RANDOM_ARB_FORUM_ON_TEH_INTARWEBZ

This is just a random claim without even a citation from such a forum.
Hell, it even implies that being open source is bad, it's a good thing we
have closed source alternatives like Firefox...

--
Neil Bothwick

Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)